We are an aging society. Average life expectancy in North America has dramatically increased. As a result, today’s seniors are generally in better health, have more money, and are more active. Your church can reach this growing segment of the population by starting an Elder Care Ministry to seniors and those who work with them. Elder Care Ministry
will help you discover how your church can build a ministry for older adults.
This book will show you how to:
- Assess the needs of older adults in your church and community
- Adapt your worship space so it is accessible to everyone
- Plan programs beneficial to seniors and their families
- Recruit and train volunteers
- Raise awareness of the needs of older adults
- Support and encourage caregivers
- Empower older adults to use their talents to serve others
- Communicate with seniors
- Assist with health care decisions and financial planning
- And more!
This book is your complete guide to starting an Elder Care Ministry
in your church. It includes curriculum training topics, resources,
information on becoming a certified senior advisor, job descriptions,
an extensive list of program suggestions, and much more.
Filled with practical advice and proven strategies for success,
Elder Care Ministry invites us to assist senior adults in successful
Paperback. Copyright 2010.