Over one billion people worldwide have some type of disability. This disabilities manual is a tool that will help your church identify what can be done to reach members and people in the community with disabilities. You will also be challenged to ensure that your church accommodates the needs of people with disabilities.
Included in this user-friendly manual you will find:
- Job description for the disability ministries leader
- How to build a disabilities ministry in your church
- Outline of the seven major disabilities
- Government guidelines for accessibility
- Practical tips for leaders and members
- Ideas for activities and sample programs
- Tips for assessing how accessible your church is to people with disabilities
In describing His earthly mission, Jesus said, “The Lord has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He hath sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised” (Luke 4:18).
Use this resource as a guide to reach people who are important to Jesus!
Paperback. Copyright 2013. 62 pages.