Ministering Hope to the Hurting Heart
is an inspiring gentle guide for people called to minister to survivors of abuse. Buoyed by the Word, a clear vision of the healing process and practical suggestions, you will be empowered by Christ, the Balm in Gilead, to bring healing hope to survivors.
Abuse and its effects are a widespread and heart-rending problem in the church today. We want to help, but often feel helpless and overwhelmed. In this practical and powerful book, you will learn about abuse, its effects, the stages of healing and what you specifically can do to help victims move from surviving abuse to thriving in Christ.
Answer important questions and learn practical methods:
- How do I know if I’m called to minister to survivors?
- What principles permeated the healing ministry of Jesus?
- What is the healing process and how long does it take?
- How do shame, contempt and powerlessness affect survivors?
- How can survivors be supported to deal with overwhelming memories and dreams?
- What scriptures will help survivors change their false self-beliefs?
- What can I do to support survivors in their anger and grief?
- How can I help minister the healing salve of self-care, boundaries, forgiveness and spiritual care?
- How can I create a sacred space and a circle of support for healing?
Paperback. Copyright 2013. 129 pages.