Download the requirements for the Adaptive Sports honor by clicking on the download link above.
1. What are Adaptive Sports?
2. Learn how becoming involved in disabled sports helps in the development and/or rehabilitation of people with disabilities.
3. What is important about participating in sports for people with disabilities?
4. Name at least ten types of Adaptive Sports.
5. Name at least two international competitions for Adaptive Sports.
6. Interview a person with a physical disability and ask him/her if he/she practices any kind of sport.
7. Do one of the following:
8. Find out about the Paralympic Games. Include information about the history and the importance of that event to people with physical disabilities. Include in your findings regarding specifics such as who attends, what sports are involved, where and when were the first games held, when and where were the last games, when and where are the next games, an inspirational athlete from the Paralympic games, along with any other interesting information you could find. Share your finding through:
9. Discuss or share what you would you do if a Pathfinder with disabilities entered your club and wished to participate in some sports with your unit? Evaluate
whether your meeting location is even accessible by persons with disabilities. Determine specific ways that a disabled person could be made to feel integrated into your unit or club and its activities.
10. Discover and discuss two miracles performed for disabled people in the Bible. Include in your discussion:
11. Read and discuss the following verses talking about the restoration of our bodies when Jesus returns:
Skill Level 1
Original Honor 2012
North American Division
Institution of Origin: SAD