Teens face difficult, painful stuff in life – and they shouldn't struggle alone. But what do you say? How do you help? What if you make things worse?
This rapid-response handbook gives you and your youth group the confidence to share God's love and comfort with hurting friends. You will be prepared to respond with 12 chapters focused on twelve emergencies that the teens you care for may encounter.
- Crisis Pregnancy
- Academic Problems
- Family Conflict
- Stress and Anxiety
- Destructive Behavior
- Gender Identity and Sexual Choices
Each chapter includes:
- Real Life Narrative - Learn from someone who has been there
- Care and Counseling Tips - Practical ideas to personally reach out in love
- Tips for your entire youth group - Great ways your group can offer support
- What to say and what not to say - Positive encouragement to help the hurting and advice on what not to say
You'll also find Scripture connections, guidelines for referring your friend to a professional counselor, additional resources, and ways your group can stand by your friend in need.
Paperback. 147 pages. Copyright 2007.